Middle/High School Ages
Young Aviator Academy is specifically designed for boys and girls ages 13-17 to spark and nurture their interest in science. There is hardly a better way to introduce STEM to children than through aviation.
LEARN TO FLY AND FLY
Your teen will learn the basic principles of aerodynamics, flight instruments, controls and weather patterns, and will have the opportunity to apply it in a simulator and a real airplane, accompanied by an FAA certified flight instructor.
IT IS ALL ABOUT SCIENCE
First things first. Understanding the scientific principles of flight is the foundations of learning how to fly. We will also learn about technology, design and mathematical calculation necessary to carry out a flight.
ENGAGE AND INTERACT
Our lessons are built on innovative learning practices to encourage engagement and interaction throughout the session.
BE CREATIVE AND THINK
We will look at the things from different perspectives and focus on solving challenging problems.
What is included in our program?
- Six 90-minute classroom sessions
- One flight session with an FAA-certified instructor in one of our airplanes (a parent is welcome to sit in the back during flight, complimentary)
- Pilot logbook to log your flight time
- Refreshments for all our aviators during sessions
- Complimentary picture taking
- Graduation day with our young aviators and parents (students will receive a flying certificate and a gift)
- Young Aviator Academy T-shirt
- Training materials and learning resources
Curriculum corner - check Curriculum sample
Our summer 2019 session has now ended.
Academy will run on the following dates for our fall 2019 program:
September 21, September 28, October 5, October 12, October 19, October 26 (reserved for flights) and November 2 (final lesson and graduation)
Sessions will run 10:00 am - 11:30 am. Please choose September 21 and class time start 10:00 am at checkout.
Please note that we are committed to providing best classroom experience to your young aviators. To ensure that we have proper group interaction and sufficient individualized attention, we will limit each morning/afternoon class size to 5-7 participants. For other times and dates, please inquire in our office.
REGISTER NOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT
Price: $798 (payable in two installments of $399)
One time $99 fee required at registration*
*Refundable 48 hrs prior to class start